Market leader in water treatment for over 75 years, every day Culligan offers water of quality and the solutions adapted to the needs of the individuals, enterprises and communities, through 3 distinct activities: Consumers, Fountains and C & I – Communities and Industrials.
- Presence in France since 1960;
- 70 water stores of which 40 are self-owned;
- about 90 million euros turnover in France;
- 3 activities: Consumers, Fountains and C&I;
- 34 concessions;
- 1,100 collaborators;
- number 1 in water treatment in point of usage;
- 230 mobile resources.
Optimizing the planning of its versatile technicians
Culligan has a real competitive advantage: it is the only player today in the market to offer a business service to its customers (equipment maintenance) in addition to the manufacture, sale and delivery of its products. But this competitive advantage comes at a price: it complicates the visits and engorges the schedules of the delivery personnel, technicians and installers.
- 130 technicians and 30 installers to manage;
- 80% of recurring operations (maintenance visits 1-2 times a year);
- 30% of reports after the sending of notice of passage;
- integration of repairs in the visits;
- around 2.3 million km covered per year.
- 70 technicians – delivery personnel – installers;
- 95% of recurring interventions (3 maintenance visits a year per fountain installed);
- maintenance of fountain coupled with the delivery of water;
- high frequency of water delivery in a week with a minimum of bottles per delivery.
Culligan sought an optimized solution for the visits which can integrate all its professional constraints, to allow to:
- optimize the visits of 230 mobile resources in real-time;
- reduce the kilometers between the visits;
- gain visibility into the schedules of minimum 1 month;
- abandon the printed diaries and to move to shared electronic format;
- harmonize the practices throughout France, on 34 concessions.
The solution brought by GEOCONCEPT
Culligan selects the solution Opti-Time for piloting on its concession of Val d’Oise. The first results are conclusive and the solution integrates Optiservice, the project of harmonization and of sharing the best-practiced service that Culligan has recently launched at the national level. This major project mainly involves the integration of a tool of segmentation, the deployment of the GEOCONCEPT solution to optimize the schedules and the implementation of a new ERP.
"Optiservice is born from the observation that a major overhaul of our system was necessary to completely optimize the activities of our technicians. It is an ambitious project that involves profound changes at different levels but we managed to find the services according to our needs and quickly convince our team of the efficiency of the dispositive."
Stéphane Dabas, DSI of Culligan.
Less traveled kilometers
Optimized appointment scheduling
Better tracking of deliveries
Optimized inventory management
"Literally, we hope to improve the productivity of our technicians by around 12% and to reduce the traveling time by 10 % between each mission. These productivity gains will allow us to spend more time with the customers and to hence improve the quality of our service."
A solution that integrates all the professional requirements of Culligan
Culligan, however, masters the workload and reduces the kilometers covered for each of its resources. Even the visit is optimized: thanks to the ergonomics of the tool GEOCONCEPT, these are the local assistants who directly manage the electronic schedules of the technicians and the manufacture.
The tool takes into account the availability of the customers (opening hours), professional constraints (leaves of the technicians, residential location, skills, usage charges of the vehicles) and the nature of the interventions (each type of intervention is set in the tool). It hence allows the assistants to offer in real-time the best solutions to the customers.
In case of schedule changes, the system of color assigned to the visits allows to easily reschedule an intervention and to inform the customer in advance.
All the data is centralized on a server at the headquarters of Culligan which allows better monitoring of delivery notes, better control of performances and better inventory management of all the concessions.
Next step with the deployment of the dispositive Optiservice in Belgium!
White paper: Commercial and logistical territory management
Definitions, methodology, analysis… This white paper aims to give you the keys to understand territory management principles and main interest for sales activities.